Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pi Day Pie

Chocolate-Caramel Pecan TartSunday was Pi Day, at least in the U.S. where we write the date as month-day, thus 3/14. Or 3.14. (Google did a nice doodle for the occasion.) My niece urged the baking of a pie for Pi Day, and we settled on a recipe I clipped from Chocolatier magazine for Chocolate-Caramel Pecan Tart. I mean Pie.

Chocolate-Caramel Pecan TartGround-pecan crust, filled with a caramel-bittersweet chocolate ganache. Nephew added the π (pi, if your browser doesn't show the Greek letter) on top. The original recipe called for hazelnuts, but the pecan version is *quite* tasty, I must say.

4 comments:

  1. Gosh does this ever look tasty! I was so tempted to make Almond Cream Pie out of an old Betty Crocker's cook book for Pi Day. We nibbled pistachio cake instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fairly sure that's a Pi symbol on top (in Greek, of course), and not an "n." (Or were you just joking about it being an "n"?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @queenscook: My post was *supposed* to have a "pi" symbol, but apparently the font settings for my blog defeated the html code. I just tried another strategy, and at least now I see a pi. But this being html and the Web, I imagine it won't work for everyone. Maybe I'd better go add "(pi)" to be sure...

    ReplyDelete